Started from the bottom now we here: Hélène, VP HR
Why did you choose to work in recruitment? In my first year of law school, I had the opportunity to do an internship. So I decided to apply for one...
Most of the time, we are focusing on what to say to make a good first impression. But how many words is it possible to say in those seven seconds? After the regular greetings and a quick introduction of yourself, there isn’t much time left to be convincing, and a decision has already been made.
In fact, the study shows that only 7% of the first impressions are based on the words you’ll say. Which means than the rest of someone else’s opinion (93%) is built on other parameters: what they’ll see and what they’ll hear.
Even if a virtual interview eliminates direct contact with the interviewer, you still have a chance of making a good first impression. It should still be taken seriously and conducted formally.
How can you leave a good first impression on a video interview?
Check out our dedicated articles collection!